- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Noghaideli met with political emigrant Okruashvili2010-06-09 09:52
Zurab Noghaideli, the Movement for Just Georgia leader, the ex-PM, is staying in West Europe with a visit - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday he met with Irakli Okruashvili, a notorious political emigrant, ex-Minister of Defense of Georgia, founder and chairman of For United Georgia movement, press service of Noghaideli's movement informed.
At the meeting they discussed political situation in the country and prospects of cooperation between opposition parties.
Movement for Just Georgia press service promises to share details of the meeting later.
In 2007, soon after his resignation from Minister's post Okruashvili joined opposition. He made a speech on TV in which charged President of Georgia, Mikheil Saakashvili, of preparation of political murders. In this light he was seen as the opposition leader or even a potential presidential candidate.
The government, in its turn, accused Okruashvili of corruption. The ex-Minister left Georgia and later received political asylum in France. Georgian court sentenced him to 11 years of imprisonment in his absence.