- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Parliament passed a bill on amnesty2008-11-21 18:50
At the third and final reading Georgian Parliament passed a bill on amnesty: 91 out of 100 MPs pro.
The law will come into effect when it is signed by the President. It implies release of about 2 thousand prisoners in several days.
«Amnesty will concern about 12 thousand people, about 2 thousand of them will be released, the rest will have their terms shortened. », - said Pavle Kublashvili, the Chairman of the Committee for Juridical Issues, to Novosti Gruzia (News of Georgia).
«It’s a very considerable humanitarian document», - he underlined.
The amnesty is timed to November, 23rd, the fifth anniversary of the “Rose Revolution”.
It touches upon the articles of Georgian Criminal Code that imply no felonies.