- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Geneva Talks participants urged to investigate situation in Abkhazia2010-06-09 15:36
Geneva Talks on security and stability in Caucasus participants positively assessed the incident prevention and response mechanism at Georgian-Abkhazian border and claimed of the necessity to punish the guilty of the recent incidents in the region.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On June 4th, in Rep settlement a head of local administration was killed. The car of Dmitry Katsia was fired by three submachine guns. Earlier in Dikhazurga settlement of Gali region a car with customs employees came under fire, one killed, two wounded.
According to the Foreign Ministry of Russia "the generally positive assessment of the joint incident prevention and response mechanism in the region of Georgian-Abkhaz border was voiced. With consideration of the recent incidents with victims from Abkhaz side, importance of conducting objective investigation and punishing the guilty was emphasized."
The extraordinary meeting in the framework of the mechanism can be held on June 15th.
The Ministry stated the hope for full-fledged restoration of the mechanism at Georgian-South Ossetian border, especially in the light of coming expiration of CE experts' on searching missing people term, was expressed; and the important role of mechanism as a real tool for exchange of urgent information, trust and security in bordering areas was confirmed.