- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Over 350 prisoners amnestied in Georgia2008-11-24 13:40
Mikhail Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, signed a decree on amnesty for 366 prisoners.gt-en-newsitem-inside
144 are expected to be released today, the rest of concerned will have their terms shortened, says Elene Tevdoradze, the deputy State Minister for Reintegration Issues, the member of the pardon committee, Interfax informs.
Let us remind that last week Georgian Parliament passed a bill on amnesty concerning 12 thousand prisoners and persons with suspended sentence. The law will allow 2 thousand prisoners to be released in next two months. Nowadays about 22 thousand people are kept in intuitions of confinement in Georgia.