- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bill on state border of South Ossetia passed in the second reading2010-06-10 17:15
At today's session the parliament of South Ossetia passed the bill On State Border of SO in the second reading. The issue was raised by Erik Dudaity, the chairman of the committee for defense and security. Sergey Kolbin, the head of border guarding department of the state security committee also participated in the session.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Dudaity presented the amendments and appendixes. According to the bill, border guarding regime is executed all along the perimeter of the border and 1 kilometer deep in the territory of South Ossetia.
MP Marina Dzigoyeva argued one-kilometer strip will cause trouble with household owners inside it.
Kolbin explained the regime limits are introduced to let the due structures perform their border guarding duty in the adjacent territories.
"State border is the policy of the state, the limit of sovereignty of South Ossetia spread, and this sovereignty must be protected. If we cannot protect it, speaking of people' well-being is groundless. This law gives right and authority to state bodies to protect the sovereignty. These are border guard service, Committee for State Security, the Interior Ministry, all the structures protecting state interests," Kolbin said.
In the view of Yuriy Dzitstsoyty, a differentiated approach to regime all along the perimeter of the border must be applied.