- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili’s press service commented upon the incident with presidential motorcade2008-11-24 15:37
Press service of the President of Georgia issued an official comment upon the incident occurred on Sunday evening, when the motorcade of Georgian and Polish leaders was supposedly fired in Akhalgori, Novosti Gruzii (News of Georgia) informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
«Yesterday, at about 6:10 p.m. (local time), Russian roadblock near Akhalgori started fire on approaching presidential motorcade near settlement Akhmai. This territory is constantly controlled by international monitors», - the document states.
«When the cars with Presidents were only about 33 yards away, they came under automatic weapon fire. It continued for 5-7 minutes. No fire in reply followed. Both Presidents were urgently evacuated. No-one in the motorcade was injured», - the press service reports.
«The Presidents visited the refugee camp in Kaspi district and expressed a wish to see Russian roadblock, situated near the administrative border of South Ossetia, with their own eyes. They wanted to see Russia violated the cease-fire agreement», - the statement underlines.
Akhalgori and settlements of this district are inhabited with ethnical Georgians, in August ethnical purges of Georgian population took place there, the press service notices.