- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ministry of Finance: growth of prices isn’t connected with drop in lari rate2010-06-11 10:04
Kakha Baindurashvili, the Minister of Finance of Georgia, claimed the growth of prices occurring in the recent time, "is happening artificially" and not connected with fluctuation of lari [national currency] - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The rate has been dropping for months and in early June reached the lowest index over years.
"I want consumers to understand clearly that index of lari rate fluctuation, which hasn't exceeded 3 per cent since the beginning of the year. And if somebody got a desire to increase own profit and he decided to raise prices, let him tell it directly and don't shift everything onto lari rate," Baindurashvili said.
He noted that lari reacts on the process at the international market, where dollar is getting stronger positions. The Minister underlined that no significant fluctuations of lari rate are expected.