- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Times media holding owner sentenced to imprisonment in absentia2010-06-11 12:54
Malkhaz Gulashvili, the owner of Georgian Times media holding, and his son David were in absentia sentenced to 2 months of pretrial incarceration - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At yesterday's trial the Tbilisi City Court satisfied the request of the Chief Prosecutor's Office on detention of the Gulashvilis.
On June 8th they both were in absentia admitted guilty of illegal crossing of the border bypassing Georgian checkpoint [Article 334, 2nd part of the Criminal Code of Georgia].
The message claims the 2-month incarceration was chosen as restraint measure considering the evasion of the Gulashvilis from visiting the investigation bodies and the court.