- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CEC announced results of municipal elections2010-06-15 16:34
Today CEC of Georgia drew final results of all elections, held on May 30th: elections to the representative bodies of the local self-governance [sakrebulo] and first direct elections of the capital Mayor were held on May 30th 2010; mid-term parliamentary elections.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Commission confirmed the victory of Georgi Ugulava [United National Movement] - 55.2 per cent. Nine candidates ran for the Tbilisi Mayor.
Mandates in sakrebulo were divided in the following way:
UNM: 14 mandates, with 52.5 per cent of votes'
Alliance for Georgia: 5 mandates; 17.9 per cent;
Christian Democratic Movement: 3 mandates; 12.05 per cent;
National Council: 2 mandates; 8.2 per cent;
Industry to Save Georgia: 1 mandate; 6.2 per cent.
3 electoral blocs and 14 political subjects participated in municipal elections; out of them 3 blocs and 11 subjects - in Tbilisi sakrebulo elections.
At the mid-term parliamentary elections majouritary candidates from the ruling party received mandates. These are: Andro Alavidze [Chugureti constituency] ; Georgi Chiviashvili [Gurjaani constituency]; Gocha Shanidze [Ozurgeti constituency].