- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia was preparing for war in 20042008-11-25 16:46
At today's meeting of Temporary Parliamentary Committee for Investigation of Events on August 2008, Erosi Kitsmarishvili stated, that even in summer 2004 Georgian administration discussed an issue on operation in South Ossetia in summer, Gruzia Online (Georgia Online) informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"At President Saakashvili's meeting in summer 2004 the concrete issue of the beginning of a large-scale operation in South Ossetia was discussed, but the majority of the participants were against, as there was no preparedness to conduct it ", - Kitsmarishvili said.
"Besides, the then PM, Zurab Zhvania, was strongly against this operation", - he mentioned.
Kitsamrishvili also said, that in February 2004 the Presidents of Russia and Georgia held a meeting and had a chance to settle the South Ossetian issue peacefully.
«At the first meeting of the Presidents, Russia made an attempt to return South Ossetia under Georgian jurisdiction in substitution for certain offers», - the ex-ambassador shared. But what were these «certain offers», he didn't say.