- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ten Georgians evacuated from Kyrgyzstan2010-06-16 15:11
Georgian and Turkish citizens were evacuated from Osh [Kyrgyzstan], where riots continue, at the aircraft, rented by Turkey. At night they were delivered to Manas military base.gt-en-newsitem-inside
They will be delivered to Georgia via Turkey - Trend.
The evacuated Georgians say the death toll in Osh is much higher that reported. They say of 3 000 killed in riots in recent days.
The new increase of tension in the republic after toppling President Kurmanbek Bakiyev this April started on June 11th in Osh [city in the South of the country]. Clashes between Kyrgyz and Uzbeks lead to robbing shops and markets, arsons of houses, marauding. Official data say 187 people were killed, but authorities admit the death toll in Osh and Jelal Abad regions of the republic can be much higher.
June 27th, the date of referendum on adopting a new Constitution of the country, will be held. Experts call this event critical in the way to settling the situation. Besides, on October 10th 2010 parliamentary elections must be conducted; in October 2011 - presidential elections.