- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian ex-ambassador in Russia unmasked Saakashvili2008-11-26 11:09
The speech of Erosi Kitsmarishvili, the ex-ambassador of Georgia in Russia, made on November, 25th at the meeting of Temporary Parliamentary Committee for Investigation of Events on August 2008, resulted in a scandal, IA Khakassia reports. After he accused Georgian administration in war outbreak, one of the Committee members, the representative of governing party, Givi Targamadze, threw a pencil at the Kitsmarishvili, then attacked him with fists. The ex-ambassador had to "leave the meeting hastily".gt-en-newsitem-inside
In particular, Kitsmarishvili stated, that in summer 2008 Russian and Georgian administrations planned to start a war in Abkhazia, and President Saakashvili intended to move the capital from Tbilisi to Sokhumi. The ex-ambassador asserted that the plan to occupy Abkhazia was discussed in his presence, at Saakashvili's meeting. Kitsmarishvili also said that "Georgia broke out the war in South Ossetia, and Russia provoked it ".
The Chairman of the Committee, Paata Davitaya, in his turn, listened to Kitsmarishvili and demanded to institute legal proceedings of ex-ambassador's negligence. Davitaya noticed that in the months Kitsmarishvili occupied his post, "he mentioned the growing tension in Russian-Georgian relationships, as well as undisguised preparations of Russian administration to military operation, in no memorandum", RIA-Novosti informs.
Deputies of both governing and opposition parties will prepare the inquiry to General Prosecutor's Office. Let us remind, that Erosi Kitsmarishvili, the ex-director general of Rustavi 2, since May 2008 - Georgian ambassador in Russia, was recalled from Moscow before the outbreak of the war. In September 2008, in his interview to Georgian press, he said he left the ranks of President's supporters. Kitsmarishvili stated that Saakashvili discredited himself as he "was caught in the net, weaved by Russian special services and failed to avoid war with Russia".