- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USAID to allocate Georgia USD 8.9 mln for luring investments2010-06-17 11:26
United States Agency for International Development [USAID] will allocate Georgia USD 8.9 mln for implementation of project on luring investments in energy sphere of economy - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Ministry of Energy of Georgia, the project term is 3 years. It's aimed to help the Georgian government lure local and foreign investments in energy sector. The purpose of the project is to add 400 MWatt of ecologically pure, renewable energy, in the energy system.
The Ministry states the new capacities will ensure energy independency of the country and at the same time satisfy the growing demand of energy markets of Turkey and East Europe.
The project of assistance in luring investments in the energy sector is a part of U.S. government post-conflict investment, with the total sum of USD 125 mln. It's also a part of 1bn dollar aid, promised to the Georgian people by American government.