- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
National Council disintegrated2010-06-17 11:57
Following the Alliance for Georgia by Irakli Alasania, another Georgian pro-opposition union disintegrated - the National Council headed by Zurab Noghaideli - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The national Council was an electoral bloc and finished its activities in the same team as it was established," said Kakha Kukava, the chairman of the Conservative party [bloc member]. - The elections were finished, and, naturally, we do not continue work in the form of bloc."
Petre Mamladze, one of the Movement for Just Georgia leaders, called the disintegration of the National Council a normal event, and highlighted that electoral blocs shatter, but unity remains.
The bloc used to include: Movement for Just Georgia, the Conservative party, the People's Party, Mamulishvili coalition, Christian Georgia movement, and the Party of the Future.
In the elections of may 30th the National Council won only 2 mandates in sakrebulo [Tbilisi city assembly]. Their Tbilisi Mayor candidate, Zviad Dzidziguri, lost elections to Gigi Ugulava.
Yesterday the pro-opposition Alliance for Georgia, headed by Irakli Alasania, the ex-ambassador to the UN, ceased to be as one union.
According to Alasania, the parties, comprising it, are shifting to the new level of relations - Trend.
He added that organisations, comprising the Alliance, "were together for one year, and this year was very interesting, including in the aspect of gaining experience."
Yet he mentioned that the previous form of their relations is ruled out.