- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Defense conference being held in Batumi2010-06-18 12:37
A conference, devoted to defense issues of Georgia, is being held in Batumi. It started yesterday, and will last for three days. It will touch upon Georgia-NATO interrelations, reforming defense sphere of Georgia, ensuring national security - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting is attended by Robert Simmons, NATO Secretary General special representative. He has already met with Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration, and Bacho Akhalaya, the Minister of Defense. With the latter Simmons discussed importance of Georgia's peacemaking operation in Afghanistan and expressed gratitude for support of the operations.
The defense conference is being held in Georgia twice a year, its participants are Ministry of Defense, Armed Forces Joint Staff representatives, foreign and Georgian experts, representatives of NATO and diplomatic corps.