- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites accuse the USA of “colonial course”2010-06-18 15:09
In the view of Kakha Dzagania, the Secretary of the Labour Party of Georgia, U.S. Congressmen Allyson Schwartz and Bill Shuster with lack of objectiveness, typical of colonialists, recognized the rigged municipal elections, in this way extended the existence of Saakashvili regime - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"It all was in their political and financial interests, - he added. - We call on the U.S. Congress ti assess these colonial actions, because Georgian people won't bear recognition of rigged results of elections for interests of other countries," he said.
Dzagania highlighted the Congress members claimed of objectivity and democracy of the municipal elections even before the announcement of official results.
This week CEC of Georgia has drawn drew final results of all elections, held on May 30th: elections to the representative bodies of the local self-governance [sakrebulo] and first direct elections of the capital Mayor were held on May 30th 2010; mid-term parliamentary elections.
The Commission confirmed the victory of Georgi Ugulava [United National Movement] - 55.2 per cent. Nine candidates ran for the Tbilisi Mayor.
Mandates in sakrebulo were divided in the following way: UNM: 14 mandates, with 52.5 per cent of votes' Alliance for Georgia: 5 mandates; 17.9 per cent; Christian Democratic Movement: 3 mandates; 12.05 per cent; National Council: 2 mandates; 8.2 per cent; Industry to Save Georgia: 1 mandate; 6.2 per cent.
3 electoral blocs and 14 political subjects participated in municipal elections; out of them 3 blocs and 11 subjects - in Tbilisi sakrebulo elections.
At the mid-term parliamentary elections majouritary candidates from the ruling party received mandates. These are: Andro Alavidze [Chugureti constituency] ; Georgi Chiviashvili [Gurjaani constituency]; Gocha Shanidze [Ozurgeti constituency].