- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian Laborites to call on the UN to support opposition2010-06-21 12:14
The Labour party of Georgia will for the first time participate in the Socialist International Council sitting to be held on June 21st-22nd in the UN headquarters - Georgia Times.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the party's press service, its Secretary Nestan Kirtadze will participate on invitation of the UN Secretary General.
At the sitting issues of global economy, peace in the East, disarmament, and other points will be discussed.
In the course of her visit Kirtadze will hold meetings with political leaders of various countries. She will also raise issue of holding next elections in Georgia under the aegis of the UN and will call on the SI to support the Georgian opposition in this regard.
The Laborites spread their call to hold elections under the UN aegis on December 30th 2009, and a number of opposition parties joined them. And though the address was sent to the UN, it remained without response, and the municipal elections were held in the regular regime.