- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Condoleezza Rice will not insist on Georgia joining NATO2008-11-27 11:37
Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State, announced that at the meeting of NATO member countries ministers in Brussels she would not insist on granting MAP to the Ukraine and Georgia, RBC informs. At her presentation in Washington, Rice underlined that the Ukraine - NATO and Georgia-NATO bilateral committees should activate dialog. "Therefore there does not need to be at this point in time any discussion of MAP ", - she said.gt-en-newsitem-inside
As Rice mentioned, the idea to let the Ukraine and Georgia join NATO avoiding acting procedures, was initiated not by the USA, but Great Britain. ""There is a British idea ... that we look at different ways to fulfill the terms of the Bucharest declaration," - Rice told reporters, - "As you remember, according to the Bucharest declaration Georgia and the Ukraine some day will be NATO members ", - Prime TASS quoted Rice.
However, according to the Secretary of State, it didn't mean that these two countries should meet "lower demands". It didn't mean that the process should be "accelerated', as well.