- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili believes Georgia is developing2010-06-22 14:42
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, met with Robert Zoellick, the President of the World Bank - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The meeting was held in Kobuleti, in Ajara autonomous republic, where the regional meeting of the WB took place.
Saakashvili delivered a speech and noted the importance of holding such an event in Georgia. In his opinion, the WB already speaks of the phenomenon of Georgia.
Several years ago the country was "written off" and its economy was predicted a collapse, but now it's not only saved but is developing at a fast pace, he explained.
In his speech Saakashvili touched upon the planned reform in the sphere of education and asked World Bank's assistance in implementation of the reform.