- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Grigol Vashadze held meetings in Germany2010-06-23 11:38
On 22 June 2010, Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, paid a visit to Germany.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the course of the visit meetings with Guido Westerwelle, the Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs of Germany and Eckart von Klaeden, the Minister of State in the Federal Chancellery, were held.
At the meetings, the parties discussed topical issues of the existing bilateral and multilateral cooperation between Georgia and Germany. The German side expressed its satisfaction over the current stable and developing economic situation in Georgia and gave positive assessment to the local elections of May 30th in Georgia.
The sides also in details discussed the current situation on the "occupied territories" of Georgia, the State Strategy on the Occupied Territories, Georgia's relations with the EU and its participation in the Eastern Partnership initiative and other regional issues.
The German side reiterated its support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity, the Press and Information Department reports.
In the course of the visit meetings at the Friedrich Ebert Foundation were conducted. The sides focused on Georgia's policy towards the "occupied territories" of Georgia and the ongoing democratic reforms in the country. This meeting was also attended by representatives of Friedrich Naumann, Heinrich Böll and Konrad Adenauer Foundations.