- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Polish administration published a report on the incident2008-11-27 18:25
Today Polish administration has published an official report on incident in Akhalgori. The report counts five pages and describes in detail the preparation of Lech Kaczynski’s visit to Georgia on last Sunday and the mistakes made by President’s guards.
The report contains no answer to the question who shot at the South Ossetian border, but mentions that the incident didn’t have the features, typical for attempted murder.
"Three facts are difficult to explain", - RIA Novosti quotes the document, - "first: it’s not clear, why the motorcade with the President of Poland, Lech Kaczynski, was headed with a bus with journalists. Second: it seems inexplicable, why did the Presidents of Poland and Georgia get out of the car simultaneously. Third: Georgian guards didn’t follow standard procedures on ensuring security of very important persons".
Moreover, the report mentions the violation of common rules, in particular, non-informing Polish guards of unexpected change in the program of the visit, and absence of permanent connection between the President and his guards, absence of cooperation with Georgian guards of the presidential motorcade.
The incident urged the Government Protection Bureau (Polish special service) to discharge the chief of the presidential guard, who was responsible for security during the visit to Georgia.