- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gilauri called Georgia energy center of the region2010-06-25 13:26
In recent times Georgia has become a very important centre of the region, stated Nikoloz Gilauri, the PM - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He explained an energy corridor connecting the East and the West, and the North and the South, is going via Georgia.
"1.5 per cent of world's consumption of oil is being transported in the territory of Georgia - from Azerbaijan visa the Black Sea to Europe, from Azerbaijan via Turkey and the Mediterranean Sea to Europe. Gas transit from Azerbaijan to the West and from Russia to Armenia is also conducted," Gilauri said.
He noted that Georgia became an electric power exporter and provides it to the four neighbouring countries: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenian.
"Georgia reached sufficient level of energy diversification, and it creares additional comfort to private sector representatives," the PM said.