- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliamentary committees endorsed changes in the government2010-06-29 11:33
Draft package of amendments On Structure, Authorities and Rules of Activities of the Government of Georgia were considered by the parliamentary committees for sector economy and economic policy; for legal affairs; for education and science; for culture, sport and youth affairs - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At the joint sitting Georgi Khuroshvili, the parliamentary secretary of the government, presented the bill at the joint sitting.
The Ministry for Economic Development is now called the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, its head is now Vera Kobalia, the founder of For Solidarity NGO.
The Ministry of Regional Development and Infrastructure will be headed by Ramaz Nikolaishvili, the ex-chairman of the Road Department; his predecessor Davit Tkeshelashvili will be the head of the presidential administration. His deputy will be Irma Nadirashvili, the ex-head of the information service of Rustavi 2 TV channel.
The Department for Youth and Sport affairs will be detached from the Ministry of Culture, Monument Protection and Sport. The detached department will form a new ministry to be headed by Vladimir Vardzelashvili, the ex-governor of Shida Kartli region.
The United Transport administration passes from the Ministry of the Regional Development and Infrastructure under control of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development.
GEL 29 mln [over USD 15 mln] will be cut from the Ministry of Culture to finance the new Ministry for Sport and Youth Affairs. Other technical changes are planned for the budget, which, though, won't change its parameters.
MPs endorsed changes in the government and expressed hope that after it the work of the Cabinet will be more effective.