- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Refugees of Georgia were promised help2010-06-29 16:14
The government of Georgia discussed direction of action plan of the state strategy on internally displaced persons, also concerning the issue of dwelling of refugees.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The strategy was developed in 2007, its aim was to improve living conditions and social and economic condition of refugees.
The action plan was changing from year to year. On May 19th 2010 the Cabinet adopted a new variant. It implies provision of IDPs with private property.
To acquaint with the new directions of the plan the Danish Refugee Council, in the course of Joint Decisions-Long-Term Decisions project, financed by the EU, organized a 3-day conference.
Representatives of IDPs from regions, representatives of ministries, diplomatic corps, international donor organisations, international and local NGOs, attended the conference - Kavkazski Uzel.
In the course of the conference the chairman of the legal department at the Ministry for Refugees and Resettlement Kakha Petriashvili noted the new plan distributes principles and stages of resettlement clearer.
The first stage is passing the dwelling to property of the IDPs living in state localities of compact residence, the second - construction, rehabilitation, purchase of dwelling from IDPs, living in private sector, at relatives, in flats. The third implies giving money compensation to refuges who managed to acquire houses with own efforts, he noted.
He added that though the first stage remains unfinished, the Ministry had already started preparation works for the beginning of the second stage.