- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
World community praised Georgia’s strategy to Abkhazia and South Ossetia2010-06-29 17:52
International organisations praise the strategy of the Georgian government to Abkhazia and South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was stared after the meeting of the Foreign Minister of France Bernard Kouchner, and Vice PM, State Minister for Reintegration Issues of Georgia Temur Iakobashvili, held on June 25ht in Paris, in presence of the EU, the UN, and other international organisations' representatives - Novosti-Gruzia.
"Representatives of the world community hailed the steps done in that direction by the government of Georgia. Participants of the meeting hope the implementation of the action plan and certain projects will start in the nearest future," the embassy of France statement says.
Statements in support of the strategy had been previously spread by the U.S. administration, the CE, and a number of European countries.
Today Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, summoned the Security Council for consideration of implementation of the aforesaid document.
The draft action plan will be presented by Temur Iakobashvili.
The strategy implies reintegration of the territories and population of conflict areas via peaceful way alone.
The authorities of Georgia stated they intend to follow an active policy to let residents of Abkhazia and South Ossetia have normal education, health care services, be involved in economic and cultural projects.