- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA: territorial problems of Georgia can’t be fixed in a military way2010-06-30 15:08
According to Philip Gordon, the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, said the problem of conflict territories can't solved in a military way - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have engaged very closely with our friends in Georgia to develop their democracy and prosperity because we believe that the real long-term situation - solution in Georgia is not going to be a military one based on the sale of this or that military equipment. There's not a military fix to this problem. It is, through Georgia, becoming a stronger democracy, a more prosperous country, so that the residents of South Ossetia and Abkhazia agree that they should be part of that unified Georgia," he said at a special briefing.
Previously he highlighted in recent times the USA had concentrated attention on reducing tensions and had been trying to persuade Russia withdraw its military bases from Abkhazia and South Ossetia.