- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Corruption in Georgia reached level of 20002010-07-01 10:57
According to the Freedom House report, Nations in Transit -2010, Georgia's corruption level is the same as it was in 1999-2000.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The perception and experience of corruption appear to have decreased in Georgia since the Rose Revolution," it states, and explains that citizens face less low-level corruption, but experts suspect the existence of top-level corruption, evading evidence. The report notes the two waves of liberalization of economy measures - in 2005 and 2009. "Some legal loopholes remain in procurement and privatization systems regarding transparency of the process and access to information." The final rating is 5.00.
The same index Georgia received in 1999-2000, also in 2007, 2008, 2009. In years 2001-2006 the index was increasing, with maximum of 6.00 in 2004.