- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili sees policy of reset as correct2010-07-06 12:46
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, sees the Russian-American policy of reset as a right step. He announced it at yesterday's joint press conference with Hillary Clinton, the U.S. Secretary of State, answering journalists' questions - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He said that Georgia and the USA closely cooperate in the issues of security, Georgia participates in peacemaking operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
"It's a very important process, it concerns a step-by-step approach to the issue. Policy of reset of Russian-American relation is a correct step. But interrelations mustn't be improved at the cost of others and all must be based on values. This policy is based on values, and that's why Georgia loves America," Saakashvili said.
He added the U.S. administration makes no concessions at the cost of others.
"President Obama was the first who used "occupation" term. The statements the USA make, note that issue of Georgia is getting higher in the agenda," Saakashvili said.