- Zurab Chiaberashvili released on bail 2013-05-23 14:47
- Tbilisi Mayor is ready to go to prison 2013-05-23 13:00
- Georgia takes annual meeting of the members of IMF Dutch group 2013-05-23 12:25
- Georgia on the verge of a measles epidemic 2013-05-23 11:52
- Council of Europe calls on Georgian authorities to protect gays from homophobes 2013-05-22 16:12
- Merabishvili does not plead guilty 2013-05-22 14:36
- Giga Bokeria accuses Ivanishvili of persecution of leaders of National Movement 2013-05-22 12:42
Abkhazia calculated GDP2010-07-07 12:25
According to Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, the Department of State Statistics of the republic calculated the amount of GDP for 2009, and it exceeded RUB 15.5 bn [about USD 500 mln] - RIA Novosti.
"GDP, about which so much was said and written, is finally calculated, - he noted. - It's a really important event in the economic life of the republic. The first step to international standards of calculating the rates of volumes of production, service, and consumption was made."
Bagapsh added the data on GDP would be used in governmental documents, connected with economic policy, and in the course of state budget preparation.