- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bagapsh: only Russia can ensure security of Abkhazia2010-07-07 17:04
Sergey Bagapsh, the leader of Abkhazia, is convinced only Russia was and remains the real guarantor of security and stability in the region - Apsnypress.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He made this statement today in the Parliament, voicing his address on situation in the republic and main directions of domestic and foreign policy in 2010.
"Our relations with Russia are partner, mutually beneficial, legal, and basing on conjunction of national interests of both states. Therefore reinforcement and expansion of mutually beneficial cooperation with Russia is a primary task," he said.
He added that in accordance with the existing accords and agreements Russia continues rendering Abkhazia serious support aimed to ensure security of the republic, improve social and economic situation, rehabilitation of transport and economic infrastructure and increase of living standards of population.
"Russian troops didn't occupy Abkhazia, they are present here on the basis of the inter-state agreement, ensuring security and stability of the region," he said.
In conclusion he added the main directions of Abkhazia's foreign course are recognition of its independency by world community; development of trade and economic contacts, and creation of attractive international image as a reliable and profitable partner.