- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia can sell its railway to Russia - experts2010-07-08 10:56
Georgian Railway can pass under control of Russia, the National Centre of Economic Research says -Business Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Several days ago the government announced intention to place Georgian Railway obligations at the sum of USD 250 mln at the London Stock Exchange. The term will amount 5-7 years. For this very purpose Nika Gilauri is holding Road-Show in London.
The Centre claims the placement of railway obligations can be a prerequisite for its sale. They also suggest the main creditor at the London Stock Exchange will be Russia, which has been showing interest for this railroad for a long time. The researchers though don't mention whether it's good or bad for Georgia.
Two years ago the railway was removed from the list of Georgian objects not to be privatized.