- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
French frigate arrived in Batumi2010-07-08 11:52
This morning Jean de Vienne, a frigate, one of the biggest vessels of France, arrived in Batumi port - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ship will participate in joint maneuvers with Georgian coast guard. Besides, the vessel's commanders will meet with Ministry of Defense of Georgia officials, and the frigate crew will play a friendly football match with Georgian sailors.
Jean de Vienne will leave territorial waters of Georgia on June 11th.
The crew of the frigate and coast guards will conduct trainings on preventing sinking and bringing fire under control - Georgia Times correspondent. Besides, joint marine drills will be conducted.
Meetings will be held with director of the coast guard department, chairman of the Ajaria autonomous republic government, and Mayor of Batumi.
It's the first visit of the French ship in Georgia, being held in the frameworks of Georgian-French cooperation.