- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian youth to be acquainted with American culture2010-07-09 13:43
Presentation of Dasuratebuli Amerika [Educative America] project was held in the national Library of the Parliament of Georgia - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the framework of the event an exhibition of visual and photography arts masters from the USA are being held. The exposition includes over 30 works of 18th-20th cc. All the items [collages, paintings, graphic art, photography, architecture pieces, silverware] are annotated in Georgian and English.
The project also implies holding workshops for Georgian students, at which they will be told about history and traditions of the USA. Art lessons are also planned.
The project was organized on the initiative of the Humanitarian Foundation of America. John Bass, the U.S. ambassador to Georgia, attended the presentation and said such events favour reinforcement of cultural bonds between peoples.