- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia is shocked with attempted murder of Sokhum imam2010-07-14 16:27
Forum of People's Unity of Abkhazia sees attempted murder of imam of Sokhum mosque as an "act beyond morals and morality" - Apsnypress.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On July 12h the Spiritual Department of Muslims of Abkhazia spread a statement on attempted murder of Salikh Kvaratskhelia, the imam of a mosque in Sokhum, on July 10th . Passers-by found an explosive device under his VAZ-2170 car. Outside imam himself, 2 children and three women were in the car.
In the view of Department leaders, the criminals aimed to exert pressure on Muslim community and destabilize situation in Abkhazia.
The Forum agrees with them. "Abkhazia has never been a place of confrontation of two religions: Orthodox Christianity and Islam. Following the ways of one or the other is the matter of person's own conscience. We hail good initiatives of various confessions and condemn any provocations, aimed to undermine unity of our people. This attempted crime, in result of which women and children could suffer, is, disregard who and for what reasons planned it, beyond morals and morality," the party's statement says.