- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Draft of the new Constitution of Georgia to be considered in Germany2010-07-14 16:30
Representatives of the State Constitutional Commission of Georgia will participate in the work of the conference in Berlin, where experts from the Venice Commission will assess the basic draft of the Constitution of Georgia, announced Pavle Kublashvili, the chairman of the Legal Committee of the Parliament - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He also said that "preliminary assessments of basic draft of the Constitution are positive" and expressed confidence that meeting with Venice commission members will be "very significant."
Georgian delegates will stay in Berlin to July 17th. In the end of each month a final sitting of the commission will take place, then the draft will be sent to the President. The Constitution will turn valid after being signed by the President of Georgia and endorsed by the two thirds of the MPs.
Work on the new draft of the Constitution started one year ago. It concerns the "form of mixed ruling", where "element of parliamentary republic dominate". The new Constitution also implied significant reinforcement of government's role.