- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ministry of Defense estimates cost of military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia2008-11-28 14:15
Russia will spend from 10 to 12 billion rubles on building military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia, the Gazeta informs, alluding to a high-ranking source in the Construction and Billeting service in the Ministry of Defense of Russia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The construction of one base will demand 5-6 billion rubles. The expenses are considerable as the construction implies not just building barracks and military machines park, but also building roads and laying services.
It's already known that South Ossetian bases will be situated in Tskhinval and Dzhava; 3.8 thousand persons from subdivisions of 693rd motorized infantry brigade of North Caucasian command must be quartered there.
Now this olace can be achieved only through the Roki Tunnel. The building of bypass road through Mamisoni gorge, planned for near future, will help to solve problem of movement of military motor transport and armored machines.
Construction of bases in Abkhazia is going to cost less, as military infrastructure is preserved. Moreover, railway transportation with the republic was established even before the conflict.
Let us remind that Russia plans to locate three military bases in the region: one in South Ossetia and two in Abkhazia, to be precise - in Gudauta, where Russian army previously stayed, and also a marine military base in the port of Ochamchira.