- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Today Mikhail Saakashvili answers the question of the Committee on August conflict2008-11-28 15:07
Today Mikhail Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, will appear at the meeting of Temporary Parliamentary Committee for Investigation of Events on August 2008. This statement was issued by the President's press service yesterday. "President himself expressed wish to participate in the investigative committee work and answer the questions that worry the MPs", - said the press service officer.gt-en-newsitem-inside
David Bakradze, the Speaker of Parliament and the Chairman of the Committee, calls Saakashvili's readiness to answer the questions about August 2008 events "historical", RIA-Novosti reports. According to Bakradze, "a new stage of relations between the President and Parliament begins today ".
According to Levan Vepkhvadze, the member of the Committee and the Vice-Speaker to opposition, it's of primary importance to receive answers to all questions they have, as the President is the person who has all information. "He is the person who made decisions as the President and the Commander-in-Chief ", - Vepkhvadze mentioned.
"We wonder: what exactly was done by Georgian administration to avoid Russian provocation, why didn't we avoid the war ", -says Akakiy Inashvili, another Committee member.
Saakashvili meets the Committee at 3 p.m. (Moscow time) in the hall of plenary meetings in Georgian parliament. The meeting will be visited by invited ambassadors of foreign countries, heads of international organizations in Tbilisi. Besides, the conference will be broadcasted live by Georgian TV companies.