- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
BP stopped oil leak2010-07-16 11:03
Kent Wells, the Vice President of British Petroleum stated the oil spill at Deepwater Horizon was fully blocked - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The new cap was installed on July 13th and equipped with special pipes, delivering oil to tankers. Wells explained it can be said oil leaks into the ocean no longer.
According to the BP plan, the oil well will be cemented, its functions will be passed to the two neighbouring derricks, being installed since May.
Deepwater Horizon platform sunk near Louisiana coast on April 22nd after the explosion in the oil well, which killed 11 persons. The U.S. administration called the incident the biggest ecology catastrophe.
BP paid multi-million compensations to the aggrieved state.