- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lukashenka’s “friendship” with Saakashvili is flammable – expert2010-07-16 16:35
In Minsk's "wooing" with Tbilisi experts see an attempt to irk Moscow - the VZGLYAD.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Russia exerted and exerts pressure on Belarus in the issue of recognizing independency of South Ossetia and Abkhazia", stated Georgian President in the yesterday's TV interview in Belarusian channel. Then he called Belarus' policy "wise" and trampled Russian course in the mud. The mildest saying was: "It's hard to understand what they want."
He called Belarus a Europeanized country. "When embargo on our products was imposed, I came to CIS summit in Minsk, and there out mineral water was served, our wine was at the dinner," Saakashvili reminded.
The Georgian President was shown as "the leader of Georgian revolution", and experts assess it and the general approximation of Lukashenka and Saakashvili quite negatively.
"Lukashenka, with his behaviour of a kolkhoz chairman tries to play geopolitical games. But he doesn't understand what can and what cannot be done in global politics. He made advances to Kurmanbek Bakiyev, and served as one of the reasons of Kyrgyzstan tragedy. In case with Saakashvili he also plays with fire, and since he makes complications for us, we should make complications for him in response," says Vladimir Zharikhin, the deputy director of CIS countries institute.