- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition against forced adoption of the new Constitution2010-07-19 14:34
Georgian pro-opposition parties made a statement in regard to adoption of a new Constitution and protest against the accelerated process of its adoption - Trend.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Opposition believes that the speed-up pace of its adoption is connected with the attempts to adjust it to President Saakashvili to let him preserve power. In this way, a new Constitution can't serve the guarantor of the democratic development of the state.
The statement also highlights that in democratic countries the Constitution is a document, worked out with the maximum concord of positions of political forces and public groups.
By the present moment the document has been signed by the New Rights, the National Forum, Democratic Movement-United Georgia, the Conservative party, Industry to Save Georgia, the Republican party, Way of Georgia, Christian-Democratic movement, Our Georgia-Free Democrats, the People's Party.
At today's plenary sitting the State Constitutional Commission intends to confirm the final draft of the new edition of the Constitution of Georgia.