- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Israel can allow travels to Palestina2010-07-19 19:02
The IDF [Israel Defense Forces] are considering the possibility of lifting a 10 year-long ban on visits to the West bank of the Jordan River , controlled by Palestina - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The main reason to liberalize access to Zone A, which comprises important Palestinian cities, is announced to be stabilization of military and political situation and unprecedented level of communication between Israeli and Palestinian enforcement structures.
Three years ago HAMAS came to power in Gaza sector. The West bank yet remained under control of Palestinian National Authority [PNA] and Fatah, the ruling movement. Active struggle with Islamist opposition and militarized groupings goes on.
Palestinian authorities show interest in resumption of travels of Israeli to the West bank, hoping it will give an impetus to development of local economy.
Israel banned its citizens from visiting cities in Palestinian territories in late September 2000, after the beginning of the Second Intifada, a wave of intense Palestinian-Israeli violence.