- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov: Georgia’s attempts to join NATO without MAP are “not serious”2008-11-28 17:20
Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia, believes that all attempts to grant Georgia membership in NATO without MAP (Membership Action Plan) are "not serious", ITAR-TASS reports from Caracas.gt-en-newsitem-inside
«I cannot anticipate the decisions that will be made at the meeting of NATO member countries Foreign affairs Ministers in December or at the alliance summit in April, but from daily contacts with Foreign Ministers of many alliance member countries I learned that the matter is not in the procedure, but in essence of the issue », - the Minister adds.
Lavrov expresses doubts in readiness of Georgia and the Ukraine for membership in the alliance. According to the Minister, he cannot understand "whether the desire (of NATO) to continue expansive policy serves its care for ensuring European security or just reflects the intention to play geopolitical games with no result? ».
Moscow is «sure that the majority of European countries realize what process are tried to be activated and what are the vital interests of European continent, - Lavrov says.