- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Laborites threaten with protests against new Constitution2010-07-20 15:27
The Laborites of Georgia threaten with mass protest actions in case the parliament endorses the new Constitution - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Ten opposition parties of Georgia demanded presenting the new draft to the "real public discussion". In their view, the one-month long nationwide consideration will be just a formality.
Opposition is discontent with passing part of presidential authorities to the Prime Minister.
"In case the authorities of Georgia, despite confrontation of the opposition, manage to adopt the "Mikheil Saakashvili Constitution", only one way will be left- to start mass actions, and we want to assure everyone that the Labour Party in the vanguard of these actions," the Secretary for Ideology, Kakhaber Dzagania, said.
The Laborites have suspicions that Mikheil Saakashvili intends to create a basis for his future ruling the country at the position of the PM, after expiration of his presidential term in 2013.