- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili’s idea on forming confederation with Azerbaijan will be hard to implement – political scientist2010-07-21 12:29
Ilgar Mamedov, the Azerbaijani political scientist, hails Mikheil Saakashvili's idea on forming confederation with Azerbaijan, but doubts its soon implementation - Regnum.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He thinks Azerbaijan needs Georgia to access world's markets of energy resources, and Georgia needs Azerbaijan to receive energy resources and access Eastern markets.
"In this regard our countries form a mutually beneficial cooperation. Therefore it can't be said someone will be keeping the other side. Besides, when we talk about forms of cooperation like confederation or federation, it's not necessary for one side to take all burden of problems or responsibilities of another," he highlighted.
In the view of a political scientist, at the present moment there would be many obstacles for implementing the initiative if the Georgian President. "It's unlikely to have clear outline soon, but it must be discussed right now," Mamedov said.