- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
BP decided what assets to sell2010-07-21 12:31
British Petroleum decided on selling certain assets - RBC.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The company will sell assets at the sum of USD 7 bn to Apache Corporation [USA]. These are gas deposits in Texas and New Mexico at the cost of USD 3.1 bn, in west Canada - USD 3.25 bn, and in Egypt - USD 650 mln.
Besides, the company will have to pay within 4 years USD 20 bn into a special fund for recovery after the catastrophe's consequences.
It can't be ruled out the company will have to pay 18 bn fine to Washington, and this sum doesn't even include money for recovery or compensations to the aggrieved.
According to the American law on pure water, adopted in 1970s, in case the court claims the British company guilty of the accident, BP will have to pay USDF 4 300 per each barrel of oil leaked into the sea.