- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia’s hopes for confederation with Azerbaijan are real – political scientist2010-07-21 16:27
Mubariz Akhmedoglu, a political scientist, believes that opportunity to form a confederation of Azerbaijan and Georgia serves interests of both countries - Regnum.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He noted that confederation is an amorphous structure, and countries it comprises are free in following foreign and domestic course. Yet in 3-4 points their policy must be one. In the view of the expert, closer integration in the region increases belief in stability and security. "This idea is real, it was regularly voiced," the expert said.
Several days ago Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, stated that his country and Azerbaijan must establish confederative relations. "Our countries are continuations of each other, ends of each other, and parts of one organism," he noted.