- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. Congress writes letters to Georgia2010-07-23 17:20
Yesterday a letter from the U.S. Congress was delivered to the Parliament of Georgia. In this one Americans gave a high assessment to the municipal elections and decided to continue assistance to Georgian Parliament in developing democracy - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Congress called participation of non-parliamentary opposition in forming the Electoral Code a "step forward" and expressed wish to assist in holding parliamentary elections of 2012 to make democratic institutions more transparent and effective.
Congressmen also hope the Georgian Parliament will continue, together with opposition parties, active participation in political processes, which will improve the country's legislation and favour development of democratic institutions.