- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Black caviar won’t be prohibited2010-07-28 11:24
Cites international company, in accordance with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora fully removes the ban for catching sturgeon - Argymenty i Fakty.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The decision was made with hope for decreased illegal catching of sturgeon and introduced quotes for producer countries. These are intended to reward the states which put most effort to restore the total number of sturgeon in the Caspian region. Iran, the caviar export leader, is allowed to export 40 tons; Russia-22 tons.
The full ban for selling black caviar was lasting for 3 years. It was introduced because of the 4-fold decrease of total number of sturgeon over 15 years.