- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili isn’t a racist – press-service2010-07-28 14:47
Mikheil Saakashvili's press service gave explanations over his yesterday's statements, interpreted by some mass media as manifestations of racism - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Yesterday, when visiting the Ministry of Finance, Saakashvili was criticizing the control system at checkpoints and incautiously said two phrases which attracted journalists' attention: "That's who disgraces the republic, I didn't want to use this Armenian statement, but it's so," and "Are we what - Negros?".
The document, posted in the presidential site, explains the statement of Saakashvili wasn't connected with any of the races and wasn't used in the context of racial discrimination.
The press service highlighted the phrases, used by the President, are not usually used and were not used by the President in racial context.