- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Some feel skeptical about ecotourism in Georgia2010-08-04 17:34
One of the priority directions of the Department of Tourism will be eco tourism - Komersanti radio, state Vakhtang Asatashvili, the acting head of the Department head. In his view, this sector has a great potential, though the sphere is still in developing stage.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Asatashvili, only 32 per cent of tourists visit Georgia with eco- and adventure tours. Most are oriented on culture ones. He added the Department would allocate money for making eco tourism more popular in Europe. But for attracting tourists private tour operators must develop own marketing plans.
Some travel agencies consider eco tourism an unprofitable service. Kavkasus Rtveli director general says all tour operators have such a service, but it's not a priority for them.
Hans Heyner, whose agency is aimed at attracting German tourists, complains people of Germany are not offered eco tourism as situation in this sphere is very complicated. He added if there is litter everywhere, and forests are cut down to build hotels, no space for eco tourism will be.